The Journey

The Journey

Moved up to a new area and mum found a job at a factory/1 day when she was coming home she stormed into jeopardy,broken leg/so she couldnt go to work anymore,i couldn't contemplate so i started bangin ma head/i knew right there that the bin would be empty,no bread/

2002 must've been the hardest because I was starting to get introduced to a new way of living/
Had to stay high all the time to pardon the meaning of existing/
Grade 9 student fell victim to drugs,had to start stealing/
Carried on like it was normal,at least i was doing something/

Almost quitted,til i got arrested but i was pardoned because i was still a juvenile/
Mum had tears in her eyes,was like Fofo is this how you repay me for going an extra mile?
I couldn't care because that cannabis was speaking a different language,so i stared at her for a while/

Went back to school and everyone looked at me like i was juvenile deliquent/but fuck them,they never knew the pain i had to endure as a little child/
Had a father who was a drunkard and would beat you all the time/
You see all the pain, manifested and resulted to me thinking the world owed me a dime/

I was a brilliant young kid but porvety sure fucked me up/but as the saying goes "tough times dont last but tough people do",i had a wake up call before i entered my Senior year/
Mum spoke to me again,but this time there was this aura about her/

Made me realize how far we've come and how we could potentially change our fate/
Carry on little soldier like Senior year had a bate/
I could literally see my dreams coming true,mate/

Because no one has ever spoken so much sense before/
Guess what 2005 Sep i was looking forward to my matric dance,i had way too much to live for/
Live was way much better than before/

You see i never took the chance to thank mum for all the sacrifices she made/
But today my queen I'd like to tell you that all your efforts were never in vain/
You played your part and im very thankful for everything you have done...
Sincerely yours,
Your Son

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Her Slumber

Covid19

Like Poetry