Rising Phoenix

The Rising Phoenix

I rose above ashes,cremated character that bounced back from its demise,
Kept my roll on like a dice,
i hit 5.2 & 6.5 to claim my rightful place even though it almost costed me my live,
They say everything in life comes at a price,
I sure purchased my one way ticket like an abused wife,

But i rose above it all like a phoenix,
With my head held high and grimace on my face like muddy pigs,
My attitude needed a fix,that was very evident in the circumstances forsaken by my actions, but i kept the will still to see this mission at its completion,

I wasn't about to give up on you poetry,
When you've given me so much like a mind that can bind words,though my feathers were wet you gave me flight of very brave birds,

Poetry you are my refuge!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Her Slumber

Covid19

Like Poetry